Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Design It: Millipede Infestation


Pin It!
Ew. 


I'm not into the gruesome, bloody Halloween scene, but this has gotta be one of the creepiest looking cakes I've ever made. It makes me kind of shudder thinking about some long, nasty, thousand leggy bug crawling all over something so delicious.


This design, inspired by I Am Baker, is another idea for your most perfect creepy Halloween dinner. Use your favorite cake recipe and filling to prepare a round layer cake. I used a chocolate cake with Pumpkin Pie Filling and Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. Whatever flavors you choose, it's most visually impressive with frosting in high contrast colors like white and deep brown or black.


The Millipede is made out of Chocolate Buttercream Frosting with enough black food coloring to make it good and dark. I used a Wilton #97 Petal tip to pipe a long ruffled body, just make sure you go slow as you squeeze to build up a fat body. For the legs and wiggly worm bodies, I used a Wilton #3 Round tip.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...