Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Easiest Fluffy Chocolate Butter Cake


Pin It!


It's like I fell off the face of the earth. But in reality, I didn't even fall off that ladder when I was perched at the tippy top clamping strings of lights to the roof of my parents new porch. That's talent. 


I got to go home for nearly a week and kick it with the entire fam! I know you're jealous because I had tons of fun, and probably because my family is so awesome. But we can't help it.



But in the meantime, I really have been baking like crazy and writing thousands of blog posts in my mind. Unfortunately, as far as I know, you dear blog readers are not also mind readers. So I'm getting back on track and have some great recipes for you!



I think I baked a version of this chocolate cake about 18 times over the last week. That may or may not be a slight exaggeration, but I have really had several requests for this recipe. I mean, who wouldn't want such a soft, fluffy, moist chocolate cake that is pretty much the easiest butter cake recipe of my life? And paired with a thick layer or Salted Caramel Buttercream (recipe coming soon, I promise!)...heavenly!



And for all of you who have nightmares about baking anything from scratch, trust me, this is probably the easiest recipe of your life, too.

Easiest Fluffy Chocolate Butter Cake [click to print]
Makes 12 cupcakes or 1-8" OR 9" cake layer
  • 1-1/2 c. flour
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 1/2 c. cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 c. butter, softened
  • 1/2 c. sour milk
  • 1/2 c. warm water
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare muffin tin with liners or line cake pan with parchment paper and set aside. 

In large mixing bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, cooca, soda and salt. Add butter, milk, water, extract and egg. Mix just until no butter chunks remain and mixture looks even. Scoop batter into cupcake liners or spread into cake pan. Bake cupcakes for 20-25 minutes or cake layer for 32-38 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched. 

3 comments:

  1. I so happy that you are back, I've been missed you. And also happy that you have a lot a fun with you family, what else you can wish?
    Life is good when you are a good.
    Chocolate cake is my favorite, I definitely will try it, easy enough for my. = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have dreams about this cake! And Salted Caramel Buttercream would just make it pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...